Monday, July 03, 2006

Land that I Love...


With tomorrow being the 4th of July, I am feeling deeply patriotic. Now I feel that I am patriotic all the time, I mean hey come on, I give my husband up for months at a time to serve this country! Isn't that patriotic? Anyhoo...I am feeling patriotic. I love this country. I love the freedoms I have. I have so much to be grateful for. I have talked to Ben about his experiences in Aghanistan and how different life is over there. I am grateful for all those who have gone before us. I am grateful for those who are still fighting today. I cry when I hear the Star Spangeled Banner and America the Beautiful. I smile when I see elderly vets at the commissary wheeling their air tanks behind them. I smile when I see jets fly over head and my boys look up. I swell with pride when I see my husband look soooo good in his uniform. I feel pride when I drive on base and see the flags. I am grateful my kids don't know deprivation. I am lucky to have anything I could possibly need within one store. Or never having to leave my home and I can have things delivered to my door. I am grateful for a country that celebrates it's Independance. I am grateful for a country where they have more than 31 flavors of ice cream. I am grateful for a country that tries it's best to help those who can't help themselves. I am grateful for a President who tries his best. I am grateful for my country. For my home. For my family. For my freedoms. Boyd K. Packer said, " Freedom is not a self perserving gift. It has to be earned and it has to be protected." I am grateful for those who are doing that today. I am also grateful for those return trips home. I have friends whose husbands are leaving, have left or are getting ready to go. I am grateful for you. For your strength and for your help. I am grateful for a husband who serves his country. God Bless the USA. (Picture taken at Camp Mike Spann, Mazar E Shariff, Afghanistan)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You're awesome and I just love ya so much. I'm grateful for all those things, too!