Friday, July 21, 2006

glasses, Superman cereal and more....


Lesson learned...do not bring 2 little boys to the commissary unless you don't mind making unplanned purchases. Ben felt for some reason that it would be a nice idea for me to take the boys grocery shopping with me. Why I agreed to it? I don't know. They aren't too bad about groceryshopping so I did. Plus Ben was straightening up the living room...I should have known it wasn't going to go well when almost half way there I realized that my ID card was no longer in my pocket. I pulled over and looked everywhere in my purse, but to my dismay it had fallen out in the bathroom. What a waste of gas to go back and get it! Grrr! Anyway we made it and by the time I left I had corn dogs, Superman cap'n crunch, Superman fruitsnacks, Toy Story fruit snacks, a huge thing of ice cream and something else. Ah well. I still got everything on my list so it is all good.

When I got home I put the groceries away and decided to take a nap. A much needed nap may I just add! I went upstairs and had been laying down for maybe 20 min. when here comes Harmony to chit chat.I told her very nicely to go away. Then a little bit later I got a phonecall. Harmony's glasses were ready. Harm went in a while ago and the doctor felt that she should probably get some glasses. But her eyesight wasn't that bad. Well lately we have been noticing that she is squinting-A LOT. Anyway they are done. She picked them out. The thing about Harmony is that she knows what she wants. She doesn't have to look at 20 pairs. She finds the one she wants and there you go.

My disposal got a clog in it and so I called maintenance in the morning. They decided not to come until 4pm. An hour before the missionaries were supposed to be here. So they come out and fix the clog BUT they accidentally break our disposal in the process. They went to go and see if they have a new one and they didn't. Last night we were unable to use the dishwasher or sink. The kitchen...is a huge mess. I would have never made a good pioneer. An evening without water and a dishwasher was too much for me!

Ok this is a long post of ramblings! Vale comes tomorrow and the kids are so excited. I am excited too. We will have fun. Anyway I better go take a shower before maintenance comes. I started reading Sheri Dews book "If Life were Easy, it Wouldn't Be Hard." Yeah 'nuff said!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

She looks so cute in her glasses!