Monday, July 10, 2006

Scheduling Conflicts....

Some people don't need schedules. They don't need or want routine. I am not one of them. We are completely off any normal routine/schedule. The kids are getting up early. laying around, eating breakfast late and just being lazy. If we do go somewhere, it is a last minute decision so we are running around getting sandals on and getting Ivan's bag ready. Not fun. Ben and I have been getting the kids to bed and then staying up until midnight or so. Then of course we are sleeping in. I am doing nothing really productive at night except spending time with Ben. I watch tv or scrapbook. I haven't been cleaning up like I usually do. We used to have 2 clean ups. The kids would help me clean up the living room once and then I would re-do it because they went to bed earlier than Ivan and he likes to undo everything. Now it is just the one clean up. I don't like this. I used to have a nice schedule/routine going. I miss it. This is going to be a crazy week too. Ben isn't going to be home until late tonight because he has softball. Maybe that will get me to bed earlier...only time will tell!
Tomorrow I have a full evening of weight watchers, then Enrichment then hanging out with friends. Wed- The Turners come in the evening. Ben is going to take the big kids with him and take them to their favorite place for dinner. There is an A & W in the airport and their favorite thing is root beer floats and a hot dog. Thursday we are going to take Ben's parents to the Aquarium and that's probably it. But Friday we leave for DC and will be there until Sat. afternoon. Ben's parents are going to take the kids home and we are going to spend 2 days in Williamsburg for our anniversary. We come home Mon. and then the Turners leave on Wed. I told Ben we are going to slip in going to the Pirates of the Carribean before they leave! Then I have a couple of days to recoop and then Vale flies in that Sat. Ben heads back to work that Monday. Then maybe it will slow down? I don't know...

If anyone has any ideas of how to organize my life and schedule, I would love it. My life really is "hectic" right now. I don't mind being busy but being crazed busy is not that fun. I need to do something though before my kids run away because they are scared of their lunatic Mom!

No comments: