Sunday, July 30, 2006

boring update x's 2

OK not sure what happened there! Published that last one on accident! I fear updates because I think they are boring. However I feel the need...the need to update. So here goes...

Harm is a little traitor and left me for a girls night on Friday with her good friend. I was left with 5 boys. Yep. Alone with " Aunt Marie, this is going to be the crunchiest arm fart because I am really sweaty." Ben, " Oh I can do it better than that." Harmony left me with that. Yikes. We have finally figured out the details of her birthday. Thank heaven. Sleepover with 3 friends. Then the next day a party with her primary class and a few others. Hopefully it is not too hot. She was excited to see school supplies coming into the house. Me too!

Vale has a little shadow. That would be Ethan. He immitates everything Vale does. However, those two have such similar personalities that they can sometimes butt heads. I think they are having fun though. Ben moved a tv and playstation into the boys room and they have been in video game heaven. Although it is interesting how Ivan is always "mysteriously" waking up from his nap. Hmmm

I think Connor might be color blind. He handed me a pink popsicle and asked me what color it was. Then I asked him what a color a notebook was and he said blue when it was purple. I think he has problems with red & oranges and blues and purples. I am going to have him tested later. He can't go back to the ped. until after Sept. ( thanks Tri-Care).

Ivan was a thug on his first day of nursery. Although they didn't come get me during the 1st hour I got a report. He decided to take toys from everyone. He does what he does at home, grabs something, holds on to it for dear life, and if someone tries to take it he screams his head off. Unlike at home though, the nursery kids don't let go and just let him have their way. Then they came and got me during the last hour because they like to have parents in there for the younger ones. He was good with snack time ( of course) coloring was a no-go but music was ok. He came home and had a very good nap.

Vale has been keeping me in stitches. One day Vale and Ethan were waiting anxiously for Ivan to wake up so they could play video games. Finally their chance came and they ran upstairs. I hear a call down the stairs.." Aunt Marie the tv won't turn on!" I said ok I am coming and then down the stairs he comes, " Aunt Marie, the tv won't turn on. Did you pay your electric bill this month?" I told him to be careful that he is biting the hand that feeds him. I gave a list of "small things" that he had currently been enjoying using electricity. I went upstairs and it had been unplugged. Yeah, once again I told him to stop biting the hand. He looks at me, " I didn't bite anything!" Ethan pipes up.."Vale it's like on Madagascar. You bit the hand Marty you bit the hand." I need no further proof of the phrase " kids say the darndest things!"

Ben had softball last week and splits. Just like every week. The more things change the more they stay the same. He is working on a project to get school supplies over to the school in Mazar E Shariff. We talked to the relief society pres. about it today and it is going to be a compassionate service project. We have been looking at duty stations and praying that we get to go back to the west coast. Crossing our fingers....

Me? Well I just woke up from the best nap ever. Me and Connor...on my bed...a/c cranked. Slept for 3 hours. I deserved it. I am still having serious insomnia so that was heaven.

And last but not least-CINDY ARE YOU EVER COMING BACK TO CHURCH? :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hey, if I come all the time, people start to expect to see me there! ha ha, No, last week, well last week was just a very bad week, this week, a migraine, a big, fat, nasty migraine that was resisting meds! I hate those. Sounds like you've got your hands full for awhile!