Thursday, July 27, 2006

Toot, toot!

Since I am never one to toot my own horn (haha!) I just had to share my "accomplishments".

~** I get this awesome mag. called Light and Tasty. I drool over the pages but have never actually picked up a mag. and said to myself " hmm that looks really good I should try it" and then actually do it. I don't even make that many things that use recipes. Just emptying contents out of pkgs or like tacos or spaghetti. Things like that. Anyway, I found 2 recipes that looked relatively easy and good. I wrote them down, went to the store and got the things I needed AND made them. Yeah...go me. One is really good the other is still chilling so I won't know until later.

~** OK who in their right mind takes 5 kids to the grocery store? Apparently me. I did not figure out anything to make for the missionaries tonight, until around 8 this morning. Too late to go by myself. Nothing to make a really big meal in the house. Dang, have to go to the store. And may I just add, it is stinkin' hot here! 5 kids into the commissary. But what a day to go! Free samples of meatballs, punch, cakes. pb cups AND ice cream. Crazy. I got to the check out still sane and the cashier asked me, sincerely, "How do you get 5 kids to behave so well? I have women come through my line that can't control 1!" Pat on my back.

~** Last but certainly not least...I have crossed off everything on my to do list. 2 days in a row.

Impressed yet? Toot, toot!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

For someone who doesn't toot her own horn, you're pretty good at it! ha ha Just kidding! 5 kids at the commissary???? That's impressive!