Thursday, July 26, 2007

f.f.f.

As of last night, the scale had nothing. Not one thing. And I was frustrated. And I will tell you why:

Friday: went out to TGIFriday's with Ben and had a chicken salad with the dressing on the side, while Ben ate mozzarella sticks.
Sat: Harmony and I went and saw Nancy Drew. She got a kids pack and munched on popcorn, candy and rootbeer. I had nothing.
Sun: In our branch, they don't have "linger longers" they have a hail and farewell. Ben did not go to church ( he wasn't feeling well) and the kids loaded their plates with ham, and desserts. I did not eat one of the enormous brownies that someone brought. I ate nothing and came home and had a nice healthy lunch at home.
Mon: I went to a Buzz club meeting ( our spouses club) where everyone was eat lumpia, empanadas, grilling hot dogs and tons of desserts. I ate...you guessed it. Nothing.
Tues: I had a girl in our complex watch the kids for me so I could do some grocery shopping. However, she came at 1 and I didn't get a chance to eat lunch. Did I get a doughnut at the Winchells? No, I ate a 100 calorie pack.
Wed-After swim lessons, we went to McDonalds. I did not munch on anyones fries, or leftover chicken. Nada.
Thurs- The kids made pizza and it smelled and looked so good. Did I eat it? no. And what do I get?

I actually ended up with a 1 lb. loss. But I was frustrated. I worked hard. Said no to some major "red light foods". In weight watcher speak that means foods that you know you can't control yourself when they are there.

So how am I feeling? I am glad that I got a loss. I think that what happens is that I get so focused on the end, that sometimes I don't see what I am doing that is good. I have lost 4 lbs. in 2 weeks. ( And I am on my period!) That is a nice and healthy rate. So I have decided to just do it 5 lbs. at time. Not looking at how much more I have to go.

This week is not scheduled to be as busy. Swim lessons are done today, although we are starting them again. We are babysitting on Sat. but other than that there is not too much on the schedule. So wish me luck on another week. I know it is going to be a good one!
BTW- I had Ethan snap a "1st month" picture. I am not sure when I will post it. I am thinking about how I want to do it.

No comments: