Sunday, July 29, 2007

behind the times

I know that most people, are finishing the last one. That people have waited in lines at midnight, to get the book. The last book of the series. I however, am not one of them. I have never read the Harry Potter books. I have friends who love the series. Are obsessed with the series *cough,cough Jenn** The reason that I didn't read it was that I am not really into science fiction or fantasy. I am more of a murder mystery fan.

Since we have been here, I have not been able to go to the library. The hours are kind of funny. There really aren't any bookstores here either. I do have some books coming from Amazon, but in the mean time, I was looking for something to read.

So I bought the first Harry Potter book. And then I hurried out to buy the second one. And I am now 100 pages into the 3rd. And now I am hooked. But I don't have to wait for all the new ones to come out. I can just go to the store when I finish. Nice huh?!

2 comments:

Little Hensley Fam said...

all I can say is, It's about time! We've been telling you for how long now how much you'd enjoy the Harry Potter books!? I'm glad you FINALLY are getting into them. You'll enjoy them!

Jenn said...

Glad to hear that you have finally read one of my favorite series of books. Books three and four were two of the best books of the series. I can't wait to hear what you think.