Monday, September 07, 2009

One day at a Time


The words "I hate Guam" were muttered (ok yelled a couple of times) a lot during this weekend. We have endured no water pressure, so many gnats we can't even count, maps that aren't labeled correctly...it goes on and on. Some people think that living on an island = paradise. Let me tell you, it's not true.

A lot of our friends moved away from Guam this summer. Almost all of them talked about the things that they would miss. After this weekend, I racked my brain but really couldn't come up with anything. It's sad I know. I will miss friends that we have made, but other than that...hmmm.

This morning, I got up to go walking. It was not quite 6am and the sun was coming up. The moon was shiny and bright, but the sky was pinks and oranges. The palm trees were swaying in the breeze, and I thought, "well this isn't so bad."

So I decided to take it one day at a time. Find one thing every day that I appreciate about this island. I am still counting down until the day we go home, but maybe I just have to adjust my attitude a little. So while I didn't have my camera with me on my walk, this is one of my favorites while I have been here.

No comments: