Saturday, December 13, 2008

Guilt trip



Ben is trying to make me feel guilty. It is 9:09 on Sunday morning, and I am sitting in front of the computer in my pj's. I am not attending church today. You heard me. I am not.And know matter how guilty Ben tries to make me feel, the fact is that I am EXAUSGHTED. Let me run through my day with you yesterday...

6:30 get up, take shower get ready for the day

7:00(ish) eat breakfast
7:01(ish) get so nauseaus that I go lay down until 8
8:30 hurry down to rec-n-crew to pick up a bounce house for the primary party
bring that up to the church, but no one was there yet
*Go home for a little bit and kids ready
*Go up to the church by myself to drop off bounce house
*Go back down and pick up my kids and head back up to the church
*stay at the church and try to help as much as I can
*around 10:30 Ben and I go pick up 40 containers of cotton candy from Party World
*Go back to the church and help out as much as we can
*Eat pizza Hut for lunch and feel like it is all going to come back up
*sit on the sidelines of said party until almost the very end
*pack up the kids and bring them home
*go back up to the church to get bounce house
*smash your head on the inside of the van, cutting the top of your head with sunglasses, do not say a bad word because you are at church
*go to a very packed NEX to buy nylons and get cash back to pay for bouncy house
*go back to rec-n-crew to pay for bounce house and drop it off
*hurry home ( by now it is 3:30ish)
*try to help Ben find his belt
*get ready for the Christmas party
*about 5:20 (20 minutes late) get the kids in the car
*drive out to our friends house and drop kids off
*get to wardroom Christmas party around 6:30 ( feet are killing me)
* stay and eat, almost throwing up dinner, suck down a lot of water ( which water was not on tap, however beer was)
* Ben wins me a gift card, woo hoo
* At around 9:30 when way to many drinks had been served by then, we check out
* Ben takes me to Wendy's for a frosty...and a jr. bacon cheeseburger
*get home, and try to relax
*11 still awake watching Chronicles of Narnia (even though yes I have seen it)
* wake up at 3, 4, 6 to go to the bathroom
*8 am "Marie you need to get up so that someone is downstairs when the kids get dropped off "( note the someone did not include him)

So that is why I am going to take this day off. No guilt trip required!

5 comments:

The Anglesey Family said...

don't feel bad....i sometimes find myself creating conditions in order to take a break. terrible i know. when i was preggo....it was sooo nice! but i still love being mormon!

becky said...

That is probably the only way that you get to be home by yourself. I skipped today too but I had to stay home with sick kids. But they napped so that was nice. I hope you are feeling a little better, but it probably won't happen for a while.

Anna said...

I can relate - a few times when I was pregnant with Drew I called in "sick" to work when really I just needed to rest. It happens to the best of us and your little rasberry needs you to be rested! :)

Little Hensley Fam said...

yes you deserve a break... tell Ben to back off cause you're full of hormones and who know what could happen! lol!

Janice said...

I didn't get the facebook message. (I don't get on much actually) Here is my addy though...
224 Royal Windsor Loop
Norfolk, VA 23505

Send yours my way and I'll try to get a card out to you! (We are waiting on a new printer.... hopefully it comes soon!)