Monday, August 03, 2009

walking zombie

I have to say that for the most part, Mason is a pretty darn good sleeper. He will even sleep (sometimes) for a good 4-6 hours at a stretch. It makes those long nights a little more do-able.

Ben has been gone for a week. That is it. Last week seemed to drag but also went by fast. If that is possible. However, besides the fact that Mason is sleeping well, I find myself very tired and worn out. Maybe it is because...

**I am taking care of 5 kids by myself all day every day

** I am a slave to the couch/rocking chair during feeding times

** I don't have time to recharge my batteries.

Last week Harmony went to Girl Scout camp. Well Friday she was getting ready and I was putting her hair up. And then I felt her forehead. She was burning up. Fever of 101. OK no camp. That day she complained a little but not to much. Next morning she was running around feeling fine. Until we got home from the store...

She had started complaining and by the time we got home...whew boy watch out. Her fever was up to 102.5 She was hot and miserable. She spent the day in my bed. And the next. And the next. Then she decided to pass it to Ivan. He was hot, miserable and spent the day on the couch.

Then last night Mason decided that I only needed 5 hours of sleep. After yelling at the big kids all morning...I don't think they agree with him! But I have learned that you really do need sleep to function. How do I know?

**was so happy with myself that I got dinner in the crock pot. 6 hours later I started wondering why I wasn't smelling anything. It wasn't turned on.

**While in the kitchen, I also noticed the pkg of frozen Rhodes dough, rising in it's pkg on the counter

**I remembered to get the garbage out...twice

** went out to the car to get something...and realized I had already gotten it earlier

**and yesterday I let Astro out...and forgot about him. An hour later I sent the kids out to find him. Oops

What can I say? This Mom needs some sleep!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Sleep is definitely a necessity for all but especially busy moms.

Janice said...

I'm thinking we'll never get to catch up on our sleep - Heaven is probably going to be pretty busy too!

Beth said...

Oh girl! I don't know how you do it! You are my hero!

becky said...

that is rough. One sick kid is hard but to put a couple sick others to watch and a newborn that really sucks. I hope they are all starting to feel better. And I will have Cait send little messages to Mason to sleep a little more. Maybe that will help. :)