Saturday, August 15, 2009

How do you spell drama?




H-A-R-M-O-N-Y!!!!

Picture the scene: Mason is screaming his head off in his swing. I am trying to hurry through "Oh the Places You'll Go" so that Ivan can go to bed. The older kids are SUPPOSED to be playing nicely. I hear Ethan crying and here comes Harmony...

H: " I just want you to know that I am trying to make Ethan feel better."

M: "Well why is he crying in the first place?"

H: "Because Connor and I told him that we were sick and tired of him."

M: "Why on earth would you say something so mean to him?"

H: "Well don't worry, I am trying to make him feel better."

M: " You shouldn't have said it in the first place. You and Connor just earned a one way ticket to bed."

H: "THAT ISN'T FAIR! I WAS TRYING TO GET HIM TO STOP CRYING!" Walks out of the room and slams her door.

I go make her come back to Ivan's room and walk back into hers without the hissy fit. I than said, " I don't know why you are acting like this." Her response:

" I don't know either. I am just a bad person aren't I Mom? Admit it, that is what you think about me too!"

Huh? What?

Me: "just go to bed. Not one more word. Not one. Just go to bed."

If she is this bad at 10, how bad can the teenage years be?

This is why I only have one girl.

8 comments:

becky said...

they say the "teen" years start earlier and earlier. Cait is only 6 months and I am already dreading those days.

Susan said...

I think drama is just spelled G-I-R-L. Heather gets into those moods, too.

The Anglesey Family said...

I agree with the last post!!! Girls,girls, girls!

Beth said...

So, I guess I should be grateful I have all boys, huh?!

Anna said...

Are you kidding me? That's everyday with Jackson so it can't be just a girl thing. I hear lots of "I must just be a bad little boy", etc. Then I have to go through the speech about how he's a good boy that just has bad behavior sometiems. It's exhausting! Maybe the kids who act like teenagers early will have easy teen years - let's pray anyway!

aftonelam said...

Now you have me scared, I have two girls and one is a sassy two year old!

Cindy said...

Sorry, it's not just a girl thing! I feel ya!

Janice said...

Golly, it does sound like you have your hands full! Good luck! I know you can do it!