Tuesday, May 12, 2009

a quiet moment...



Ivan decided to kick his Mom and was sent to his room, because "we don't kick in our house." So it is almost completely silent down here. All I can hear is the wind blowing in the palm trees. So I thought I would take a moment to give you an insanely long run down of what has been going on around here!

We will start with...last Tuesday. Ethan turned 8 on Cinco de Mayo! I can't believe how fast time has flown by with him. I know that is cliche but...there is a reason everyone says it! One minute he was a not so teeny baby and now he is a not so teeny 8 year old. The time just flew by. He got a new scooter, Pokemon game, a Wii fit (he wants to be more active), Diary of a Wimpy kid book, Indiana Jones comic books etc. His baptism will actually be in June. Out here they schedule them the first Saturday of every month. Since his b-day fell after that, he is waiting for June. We will keep you posted on details.

Thursday I was invited to an ice cream social in Ivan's pre-k class. Ivan had no idea what was going on. He did not understand that Mommy would be going to his class because, "Mommy, you no go in there!" When I got in there, they were singing. It was interesting to watch him go from ok to not ok in about 30 seconds. His pre-k and spec. ed teacher were right there though. He went back to his other classroom where he didn't feel so overwhelmed and enjoyed his ice cream.

The next day I went to a Mothers Day tea for Ethan. We walked into the cafeteria and all the 2nd graders were on stage ready to sing. I couldn't see him! I blame Ben for the fact that at all concerts my children are in the very back with kids standing right in front of them! I finally found him and he pointed out my seat. There was a place mat with all the gifts that he made me...A "links of love" necklace ( I will be sharing it later) a headdress, a poem, a portrait of Ethan and I( with a nice big circle on my stomach labeled "Mason") cookies and more. He sang and than performed in a dance, which he did not even tell me he was in!!

That evening the boys had their "bridging ceremony" for scouts. It was our very, very last thing with this pack. Connor actually recieved his Tiger badge a while ago,but Ethan (along with all the boys in my den) recieved their Wolf badge. The boys were so excited. They really enjoyed Scouts this year. I have to be honest and admit I was glad that Scouts had come to an end for me! We ended the night waiting for 45 minutes to get a breathalizer test. By the time we got up there, traffic was so bad that they just started waving people through. After 45 minutes I almost made them to do it, so as to not waste my time!

Saturday morning we had Ethan's birthday party at the bowling alley. We got there, and I was a little worried when they asked me a few times what name the party was under. I had also been told over the phone that they provided cake. I was thrilled because it seemed like such a good deal. When I got there,I decided to ask again. Uh no, no cake provided.So Ivan and I rushed to the commissary to get whatever they had in the display case! Ethan had 13 kids come and lots of parents stayed around and chit chatted. His teacher, who both of us love and adore, came also! It was a fun but busy morning!

After about a 30 minute break, we headed out to a district primary activity. Ben had to go to the airport otherwise I might have made him come with me. I was completely worn out (can't imagine why?!) and had no energy to chase Ivan around. After that, we headed to the store to get chocolate for the primary Mother's day gift (I was in charge of that). I was so completely worn out that...I didn't close my van door. It was open the whole time we were in the store. Luckily everything was still in it!

Mothers Day was well...same old, same old. Get kids ready for church, fight with them to behave during church and than go to primary to do my calling. I tried to take a nap but had little interuptions the whole time! Basically I am celebrating next Sunday by leaving for Australia!

Harmony made me a very cute bracelet at GS, Ivan gave me 2 potted flowers and Connor gave me cute cards and a bouquet of paper flowers. It was all very sweet and makes me smile.

So there you have it. Our wrap up. Lots going on for the rest of the week before we head out on Sunday. I am so excited I can barely stand it!

I am scheduling my next dr. appt for right after we get back. I know Ben is a *tad* nervous about me going on a trip but I am sure we will be fine. We aren't even really going to be gone that long! At 32 weeks they are going to start checking me every week. It is so hard to believe that it is almost time for Mason to make his debut!

This is insanely long so I am ending!

3 comments:

The Anglesey Family said...

You're keeping really busy! You better not go in to pre me labor!!

Erin Dooley said...

You have titled this blog perfectly Marie! You do have a hectic life! You sound like you handle it well though. Keep up the good work:)

becky said...

So busy. But it sounds like you are having fun. Have fun in Australia. That will such an experience. I always say stay busy before the baby comes so that way you don't have to think about how much longer you have. I don't know if it really works or not but that is how my crazy mind works.