Tuesday, January 29, 2008

a farewell...


At 97 years old, it really wasn't unexpected. But at the same time, recieving an email from my Mom, telling me of the death of President Hinkley, made me so sad. Harmony read it over my shoulder, and said," That makes me sad. I really liked his smile." Me too Harm, me too.

Gordon B Hinkley was not famous to everyone. He was not on the covers of magazines at the grocery store. You didn't see his name splashed all over the news.

Instead, he helped in getting more temples built. He served the members of the church in countless ways. He spoke of the love he had for his wife, for his family and us as church memebers. He seemed to have endless energy.

I am happy that he will be reunited with his wife. And I know that he has been welcomed home and has returned with honor. He will be missed.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Isn't it crazy that Heath Ledger's death has gotten so much more press than President Hinckley's? Crazy.

When I told T.J. he was dead, T.J. said, "Really? I didn't think he would ever die." I didn't either - he had so much energy! What a great man.