Sunday, February 19, 2006

Star Wars Party

Well I survived Connor's 4th birthday party. What a crazy day we had! My friend Deborah and I decided to have our boys celebrate their birthdays together. Her son Jonas, turned 4 on the 15th and Connor turns 4 tomorrow. So instead of two different parties, we just decided to have it together. Deobrahs's husband Josh and his parents went a little early and tried to save some tables. I got there at 3 and the place was a complete zoo! The line to get in was long and there were kids everywhere. There was even a policeman from the Sheriff's dept. trying to keep everything under control! Crazy! So we start setting up their Star Wars stuff. Guests just keep coming and coming. Besides siblings we had 18 kids come to this party. Luckily we had almost all of the parents stay to help! We ended up spreading out to 5 tables! Crazy! The kids had a great time. They stuffed themselves with pizza and cake and ice cream. Ran around spending all of their tokens and just had fun. We got everything cleaned up and all the presents to the car. Once we were finally in, I looked at the clock-it was 6:00. We had been there for 3 hours! At least it is over right? Then Ethan starts talking about his birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. So far his guest count is 31 kids. It would take a lot of convincing to do that! I am glad that Connor had fun and that it is over!

Today is Ben's birthday. Turned 28. When I told Harmony that it was his birthday she asked me how old he was. When I told her, she says, " oh my goodness, he is almost 30!" I wish we could be with Ben today. I would hate to be alone on my birthday.

Anyway, my really good friend is moving today. I am so sad. It is hard to be in a place where there is so much military. You are constantly saying good bye to friends. This friend, Melissa, was the first real friend I made out here. I have two close friends who are never leaving Norfolk. Neither are Navy and both are married too men who grew up here. When we started complaining about having to say goodbye, they just said you have no idea how hard it is. They were telling us that over the years they have had to say goodbye to more friends than they can count. They have decided to not make new friends with people who move in because they are just going to have to say goodbye again. :) It is hard. Tonight is going to be a hard night, I know it.

Here are a few pics from connor's party:

No comments: