Saturday, February 11, 2006

2/11/06

It has been a few days since I have sat down and written. Although I think it would probably have been more, if I was writing in a journal, instead of going online! Today we are so busy. Again. I had lots of people tell me that the best way to get through a deployment is to stay busy, however now it would be nice to slow it down just a little!

Harmony has not been feeling well at all this week. I went to her honor roll assembly and when she walked in, her little eyes were all red. I went over and asked her if she was ok and she said she had just had a rough day. By the time we got home, she was burning up. She had a really high fever. She took a cool bath and went to bed. On Thurs. she woke up feeling "kind of ok". By late morning though she was just laying on her bed half asleep half awake. I had to take her with me to go and pick Ethan up from school and she asked me if she could just please stay at home. She promised that she wouldn't answer the door or the phone and that she wouldn't get out of bed. She made a good argument, and I knew she was feeling so crummy that she probably wouldn't get out of bed but I just couldn't let her. It takes about an hour. I felt bad making her get in the car, but I just couldn't leave her. She is feeling a lot better and is going to go and try cheerleading today.

I got the cutest Valentine yesterday. Etha's class took a field trip to the post office on Thursday. That was the day Harm was sick so I didn't get to go with him. I thought it would have been pretty cool to see the back of the post office. When I picked Ethan up from school his teacher told me to expect something. I got it yesterday and it was cute. He keeps telling us how much he hates Valentines Day. I am not sure where he picked all of his " I hate hugs, I hate kisses, I hate cuddling". Just a boy thing, I guess.

Connor is anxiously waiting for his star wars birthday party. It is a week away. I wish Ben could be here for it. Connor really is Ben's biggest fan. Daddy can do nothing wrong in Connor's eyes. So I wish they were together to celebrate their birthdays together. Such is not the case. I still haven't bought any gifts for him yet. I am pretty much going to look in the Star Wars aisle. I know my friend got him a light saber. He will love that.

Ivan is still doing well in with the big boys. They wake him up a lot earlier than I would like but... it just means an extra nap during the day. So that is nice. Ivan is going to go to Harmony's game today so we will see how he likes that. I think I am going to leave him in the stroller. I don't want to take the chance of him getting trampled on.

The internet is back up so I have Ben able to chat with Ben a lot this week. It makes life so much easier. He gets 30 minutes per week and we use those up the first day. So it is nice to be able to chat with him. He is pretty bored over there. He feels like there isn't enough work for all of them to do. His sister, Amy, told him that "boring is safe" and I agree! He is going to the gym a lot. He looked at a website that had all of the CEC's ( Civil Engineering Corp) who are on IA's like Ben is, and IA is individual augmentation, basically meaning deployed somewhere, and he is marked as returning on June 30th. That would be nice. I would love to have him home by the 4th of July. That way he would have a lot of time to be with the kids over the summer. He said flights out of Afghanistan are not exactly reliable though. We will see.

Anyway, I am babysitting 2 little boys after cheerleading today so I better get some work done. 5 boys under 5? yikes! wish me luck...

No comments: