Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hanging On...

I recieved a lot of emails about my last blog entry. I just wanted everyone to know that I am ok. I am sure I am not the only one who at some point just wants to give in. Being a Navy wife, really is "the toughest job in the Navy". We have to support or husbands and keep up with everything else. It is a hard job and it is tiring. I told our Bishop how stupid I felt for breaking down and crying. He just looked at me and said, " Marie, you have such a heavy load to bear. Your husband is gone and you have 4 kids to take care of by yourself. You have every reason in the world to break down." I am going to attach a poem at the end of this that really makes me think about the role that we all play in supporting the troops.

Anyway onto other subjects, I am upset for Harmony. Last semester, she recieved a B on her report card for her handwriting. She capitalizes when she feels like it basically. So she got marked down. Well this semester we worked really hard on it. She was excited to get her report card because she thought she was going to get A honor roll. There is B, A-B and A honor roll. Well she got her report card and she recieved a B again. She started crying. She was so upset because she had worked hard. Honor roll award ceremony is tomorrow. I know she feels bad but I am sure she will feel better soon.

We had Ivans party last night. He was so cute about eating his cupcake. He just ate the cupcake and then stuck his face into the frosting. He was really cute. He also moved out of our room in with the big boys last night. He seemed happy to be hangin' with the big kids.

Here is the poem:
Got Your Back
I am a small & precious child
my Dad has been sent to fight.
The only place that I'll see his face
is in my dreams at night.
He will be gone too many days
for my young mind to keep track.
I may be sad, but I am proud
My Daddy's got your back.

I am a strong and loving wife,
with a husband soon to go.
There are times that I am terrified,
in a way that most never know.
I bite my lip and force a smile
as I watch my husband pack.
My heart may break, but I am proud
my husband's got your back.

I am a caring father,
my son may go to war.
My mind is filled with worries
that I have never known before.
Everyday I try to keep
my thoughts from turning black.
I may be scared but I am proud.
My son has got your back.

I am an American soldier serving proudly
standing tall.
I fight for freedom, yours and mine,
by answering this call.
I do my job while knowing the thanks it
sometimes lacks.
Say a prayer that I'll come home,
it's me whose got your back.
~author unknown

No comments: