Friday, June 15, 2007

Not in Norfolk anymore!!

The resort has a computer lab, so I thought, I would come and update my blog. Well easier said than done!! Everything is in Chinese & Japanese. Luckily I have posted on my blog so many times that I can figure it out! :)

Well, I have no idea what day or time it is in the states. I know that here it is 4:30 and our family is awake. Not quite adjusted to the change in time! Our poor neighbors!

Leaving L.A. around 9, we boarded the plane. We were in the very last row and actually proved to be really nice. We ended up with an extra seat so I could pile things on there or if the kids started fighting I could switch them around. The big kids did great on that leg of the journey. Coloring, playing gameboy, watching movies. The plane had tv's built in with 9 different channels to choose from. That was a godsend! Ivan was a total pill. He wouldn't sleep. He kicked the seat of the person in front of him for 5 hours ( luckily it was Ben! or maybe not...). By the time that plane landed...we were ready to get off.

We stopped in the Honolulu airport, only to find out that are flight was delayed. Only by an hour, but people must not understand what it is like to entertain 4 kids in an airport for 3 hours when they have just sat for 5! We made it though, and got on our long ride.Ivan was fallig asleep in the stroller as we were getting on the plane so I had to keep waking him up. Then when he got on the plane he was awake. Once they served dinner ( whose idea was it to give a 2 year old rice?), he got his blanket, his bear and his cup and slept. For a good 5 hours.I looked over at one point and all 4 of the boys were asleep. Harmony lasted a lot longer and then she and I took a little nap.

We got to the airport and I had no idea how we were going to get to the hotel. No need to worry, we walked out with all of our carts of luggage to be welcomed by his wardroom. It was so nice, everyone came out to welcome the new family. Complete with a basket full of crackers, cereal, plastic utensils etc. It was so fun. Met a lot of cool people, some who we will probably be living in housing with.

Today we are off for swimming at the water park, driving around the base, and exploring. We are going to go to our new branch tomorrow so that will be fun.

All in all we gave our trip a 5/10 ( flight wise). We certainly can wait the 2 years before we have to do it again!

4 comments:

Little Hensley Fam said...

I'm glad you guys made it there safely. I can't wait to see pictures! Talk to you soon.

Jenn said...

I am so glad to hear that you arrived safely and that you survivied the airplane trip with the kids. Hope that you had a great time exploring, we all want details later.

Susan said...

We're glad you made it safely and that you are still sane - you are, right? We can't wait to see pics and hear more about Guam. Love you guys :)

Avis La Fin said...

Whew. Glad you're safely in Guam. In case you're wondering it's abut 11:35 on Friday here. Hope you're using that camera! Mom