Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day camp---> day 2

A week at day camp generally goes like this:

Monday & Tuesday everyone is excited and happy to be there. They are having fun and aren't too tired yet.

Wednesday & Thursday everyone is worn out and grouchy.

Friday everyone is happy because we just play all day aaaaand we aren't coming back the next day.

After trying very hard at archery, Ivan was very discouraged because he just.couldn't.get.it. Then we realized that he was using a left handed bow. Two different people were giving him directions. He dropped the bow, covered his ears, screamed, "this is too confusing" and ran off.

It was not the best start to our day but...after that he was in a great mood! Thank heaven cause I was tired!

Archery:

 
Soap carving:
They made (and ate) edible fire, practiced their whittling skills, played games and had fun.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, poor Ivan. Well, I feel his pain. At Girls' Camp, I was handed a right-handed bow, but I'm a lefty. Luckily the problem was solved, but I can see how that would be confusing for Ivan :(
-Heather

Susan said...

I tried archery at Day Camp and found it difficult and confusing as well. I feel your pain, Ivan!

Your favorite sister said...

Heather I didn't realize you were left handed!

Susan I think it was a lot harder than BB guns.