Friday, January 22, 2010

staying connected



(yes she is almost as tall as I am!)

I know that I can't be the only one who is having trouble keeping up with blogs! I find I don't have the time in my day to update my facebook status, update my blog, leave comments, reply to comments etc. However, I love the fact that we have so much technology to keep us connected. So please forgive me when it takes me a while to respond! (: I honestly love hearing from everyone and reading what your families are up too.

As for ours, it is amazing how much our family can pack into a week!

Last weekend was a fun one for us. Ben and I were able to get out for a date!! We enjoyed TGIFridays (thanks Mom and Dad). Then it was on to pick up GS cookies with Harmony. She and I also hit the BX, library and commissary. When we got home, Harmony's best friend asked if Harmony could come with them to "Movie Under the Stars" in our housing. I packed up the boys and we all headed out to watch G Force. The weather was fabulous and we had fun. We can't wait for the next one!

Monday ended with a bang for Ethan, literally. We have a large tree in the backyard, that the kids dub the club house. Ben and I were in the living room, when Harmony came running saying Ethan had fallen out of the tree. He was very brave and held his tears in (he didn't want to cry in front of the neighbors)but once he got home he broke down. He bruised his tail bone and spent the day laying on his stomach. He was sore the next morning as he headed to school. I told his teacher what happened, so he has been spending his class time either on his knees, standing or sitting on a pillow. Poor guy!

Ben has accumulated a lot of leave time. So he is currently trying to burn some of it up. Every six weeks, he is able to take a week off. Since he has been home, I have been able to do all the stuff I normally do...just kid free. It has been so nice. I forgot how easy it is to go to the store with Harmony vs. with Ivan and Mason! I think these weeks are good for Ben, he gets to see what I do all week!

We fit in a lot this week, including lots of work outs, grocery shopping, programs, meetings, piano lessons, GS etc.

Yesterday I attended Harmony's DARE graduation. As I was leaving, I realized that I didn't have batteries in my camera. I stopped quickly at the mini mart and grabbed some. I got to the school, started to put them in and realized...my memory card was in the computer. Luckily, one of Ivan's teachers was there, and let me use her camera. Oh how I love digital! (: She emailed them to me last night.

Also I had my 2nd week of Biggest Loser and lost 4 lbs. It was very exciting. I hope I can keep up the momentum. Thanks for everyone's kind words and encouragment. I have a long way to go but I know I can get there! (:

2 comments:

becky said...

I love being able to stay connected. I have times when I am really good about it and times when I am not. So you are not alone. Good job on the weight loss. It is a hard road, but well worth it. I feel better with every pound.

Mark and Tammy said...

Boy I just updated December and January today-I stink, I find the same thing it just takes a little bit to get organized again. I am trying to balance what to do and when to do it. I hope to stay up with it now because falling behind is the pits. Hey I need your address I still have your christmas card-see I stink all around. I have never seen you so dark-haha