We had decided that if my Mom were ok with it, we were going to fly her out to help us when Mason made his debut. However, we weren't sure about the timing. I didn't want her here to early and just kind of waste her time, but I also didn't want it to be too late in case we headed to Japan or something.
Well after a week of contractions, and being told that I need to come in for non stress tests twice a week, we decided to get her out asap. Friday morning (around 2:30 am) we made our way home from the airport. We got a little sleep and than I had to go up to the hospital for a couple of routine tests. I also had an appt at 2:30. So with all the contractions that I had been having, I really wanted my cervix checked to see if I had dialated (sorry to all males or anyone who thinks it's TMI!). Ben was there with me and I think that is the only reason the doctor checked me. Anyway, he said I was between a 2-3. He wanted to do a test (by this time it was after 4) but the results wouldn't be in for an hour. If the result was positive, that would mean that I was dialating too fast and would need to come into the hospital.
So he sent me home, and than said if I didn't hear from him by 6, I was in the clear. I had maybe been home 20 minutes when he called and said I was to check into the hospital for a 48 hr stay. Oh joy! Luckily my Mom was here!
I went in Friday night and was poked, prodded, tested, monitored, drugged. It was a long night. Saturday was not as bad as I wasn't "chained to the bed". I did have a scare Friday night when 3 nurses came in and put oxygen on me and Mason's heart beat dropped. Luckily he was back up to his baseline very quickly.
Saturday night I had them rush in because I was having major contractions. They had given me a sleep aid and I hadn't even felt them!
Well today is Sunday for me. I was told if I hadn't had any change, they would send me home. I am on a perscription to help slow it down and apparently it worked. I was the same. So I was home by 11:30 and was very happy about that. So this is the rundown for now...
I am 34 weeks. I go in every Tues & Friday to get a non stress test. They will be checking my cervix at every appt. to check for dialation. If I go into "real labor" this prescription will not work. So there would be a possibility of going to Japan. BUT, while in the hospital I was given steroids to help his lungs develop, treated for Group B strep (just a precaution) and those are some of the biggest concerns. If this perscription does it's job and we make it to 36 weeks, then I can stop taking it and they will let nature take it's course. And we would be out of the woods with having to go to Japan.
So, phew that is what is going on. We will keep everyone posted!