Thursday, July 08, 2010

the 4th





For the past seven years, we have sweated our way through a variety of fireworks shows. While the East Coast was having record breaking temps, we were sitting in camp chairs covered in blankets!

Normally, our new ward, has a big 4th of July bbq. However, with it falling on a Sunday this year, we just spent our time watching fireworks and enjoying hot cocoa.

This was Mason's first 4th of July. Last year, on the drive home I started having major contractions. 6 days later there he was!

Ivan oohed and ahhed over every firework he saw. It was so cute. I think that is one of my favorite parts of motherhood, just being able to watch things through my childrens' eyes!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I have to say, after dealing with the 4th of July in Arizona, I am happy to snuggle up to watch fireworks! G;ad you guys had a good time!!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

It's been so hot here in Arkansas that it's hard to imagine needing a blanket to watch the fireworks:) We've been having rain since the weekend though and it's actually cooler~yea! Glad you had a good 4th!